Ayurvedic head massage focuses on the shoulders, neck, face and head, the areas most vulnerable to stress and tension. The head massage induces a state of calm, peace and tranquility and promotes high levels of alertness and concentration.
During the Ayurvedic Head Massage, Ayurvedic oil will be kept for a suitable period on the head of an individual. This is called Moordha taila or oiling of the head.
Benefits of shiro abhyangam:
- beneficial for de-stressing the whole body
- an increase of the flow of cerebro-spinal fluids, thus strengthening the nervous system
- a dispersion of toxins from tense and knotted muscles, improvement of blood circulation in previously congested muscles and helps oxygenate the brain
- helpful against eyestrain and aids sleep
- it helps to remove the toxins and other side effects caused by the use of dyes, etc.
- the massage has the effect of nourishing the hair roots and prevents excessive hair loss