Indian head massage works on areas affected by mental and emotional stress and it can bring immediate relief. It is also said to improve circulation in the head, enhance the senses, improve memory and promote clear thinking.
People who suffer from headaches, migraines, insomnia, tinnitus, vertigo and depression may benefit from Indian head massage. It is also said that the head massage addresses the harmful effects of cellphone radiation.
Many different medical practitioners and corporate companies are discovering the benefits of this ancient practice. Dentists, for example, are using it to ease their patients’ discomfort, while businesses are offering their employees free in-office massages in the quest to increase productivity and reduce absenteeism.
Air-conditioning and artificial lighting of the office environment often cause headaches, Sitting in front of the computer all day or the steering wheel also result in the formation of stress nodules in the neck and shoulders.
Benefits of head massage are
- Relieves symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression
- Makes you feel relaxed and calms your mind
- Increases oxygen and glucose supply to the brain
- Improves concentration
- Improves blood circulation in different parts of your head
- Detoxifies the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia
- Gives relief from migraine and headache
- Strengthens hair roots, helps reduce premature balding and graying
- Boosts memory capabilities
- Renews energy levels
Due to the deep state of relaxation that it induces, it is also a good idea not to schedule any important work immediately after the massage.
After you have massaged your head, you can either wash your hair immediately or leave the essential oils on for a couple of hours to penetrate and do their work. You can also leave the oil overnight and then wash your hair in the morning. Just have a towel on your pillow so you don’t ruin it. Not only by adding this routine you can get long, luscious, and healthy hair, but a nice relaxing felling as well.